Winning

Winning

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sunday Update

Hello everyone, its been a few days. Ive been pouring over data and getting things together in order to get it together for monday, and here is what I came up with.

I suffered a epic collapse with the pre day sparkline/mirrors the day chart threory.
For 2 to three weeks, the sparkline was almost a MIRROR of what the market did later that day. I got all excited about it. How can such a thing exist? It was like getting tomorrows newspaper today. The only thing that was tapping me on the shoulder about it was this..if everyone can see what I can see then everyone is going to start doing what Im doing making the system inneffective. Imagine a rolling stock. For the last 3 months its been going down to 32 then rolling up to 38 2 weeks later then rolling back down to 32 and again and again. At first when you find it you are pretty excited. You backtested things and found that yes, this stock was rolling. You make money at it for about a month. Then you notice volume suddenly start to dry up. You bought it at 32 but then at 38 no one wants to purchase it from you. Then the stock stops rolling and things start getting random.
This means Everyone saw the pattern. Everyone wanted to buy at 32 but no one wanted to sell at 32 and no one wanted to buy at 38 but everyone wanted to sell. Boom. Ineffective, and suddenly the stock goes random: roll over.
So I believe I was a victim of this. Everyone caught on. So be it, Im not going to whine about it. It just went away like a puff of smoke.
But that's how trading it. You have to keep moving and sticking and finding things out, things you can use.
The original intention of this site was to bounce options: every day at 1045am I would seek out and find inefficiencies due to fear and greed and profit on them by using the most up or the most down lists for the day and depending on which way I think the market is going to go in the next 1 to 3 days using technical candlestick and indicator analysis.
So instead this is what Im going to be doing: I am going to be making 1-2 trades a day using in depth tech analysis live from the market floor 5 minutes bars along with some level 2 data. My trading window that I will be using:


Yes, this is a lot of data to be looking at, I have to filter a lot of infoAlong with this I will occationally make a trade and hold it overnight on the QQQ when the daily chart makes a call. One such time to make a trade is right at open in order to fade the gap. This will almost be a daily occurance and if nothing else happens that day, there will almost always be an open gap play. Then perhaps one or two other things during the day. By the way while you are following me, paper trade me. Do not put real money into this until I get this new thing ironed out. In looking at the chart above, its really easy to say, "Well here I would have done this, or right here I would have done that," but under real live fire, its tougher than it looks. If you want to see what this is like under live conditions, hold a piece of paper verticle wise up to the screen and pick any time in the graph above. Then make a call. Which way based on the charts? Now slowly start moving the page across the screen to the right to watch what actually unfolds and how your call does. Its not easy.
I am going to be continually testing new indicators attempting to get more of an edge and all the time keeping my eye on my money.
Amen. See you tomorrow at OPEN>yes. Open.

Tradinginsider

0 comments:

Post a Comment