Winning

Winning

Monday, June 22, 2015

SPY: One half bet

So I am looking at the markets this morning and looking at the charts. And having the Greece deal sitting in the backseat and I keep checking the mirror. Something doesnt seem right to me, I cant put my finger on it. Today everyone is enthusiastic about a deal, but it just seems like Greece is floundering around in its pockets and coming up with lint and a few pennies at the table with its creditors. Lets take a look at the QQQ:

I can see that today there is a news driven gap up by the markets assuming that there will be some kind of deal. The last time this happened? Take a look towards the left of the chart around May 25-26th you also see a gap up and the next day the RSI (top indicator) topped out and the stock blew off. Almost looks the same here. Plus, today is driven by hope, not fact. My sixth sense is going off about the next few days and I think Im going to chase the dragon, but a bit cautiously. I am going to go to an ETF that is very volatile and spend HALF the money I usually do for an option and purchase some puts while things are up today.

I went ahead and got the 212.50s to protect myself against further topside intrusion, and once again I am half in with half of the money I usually use because this is a risky trade not knowing what the markets are going to do because the technicals are down right now for the cubes as this is a news driven cycle with Greece. But I feel its right. We will watch the news.

Tradinginsider

0 comments:

Post a Comment