Winning

Winning

Friday, July 24, 2015

New Pick: MKTO

Today MKTO announced earnings and it beat the street with good 3rd quarter guidance. Therefore everyone piled on this stock today huge.
Now, usually I stay away from stocks that just reported because the news overrides the technicals and if the stock had a really good earnings, people just keep buying it, driving the price yet higher.

However, I think this is a good opportunity for a straddle. A 1:2 straddle. One half the amount you would usually bet on a call, and a full amount you usually spend for the put side. Lets take a look at the chart:

Looking at todays candle, you can see that it has a big upper tail, which signals that the stock hit its top and will come back down. However on the flip side of that coin, there was a big gap up from the previous days candle price and that is a big bullish signal. So now if I want to handicap this and decide the odds, I can then devise a strategy that I will use to pull some money. I am going to do a full priced (money I usually spend per pick) put on this:

And also at the same time, I am going to do that half priced call (spending half the money I usually spend on a put/call):

Now I have my 1:2 straddle.
You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Tradinginsider.

0 comments:

Post a Comment