Winning

Winning

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

QQQ and Market Warning

I have been tracking something. I think a mini correction is on the way a big closer than I had thought. Thats fine with me, I can make money during a boom or a correction. The key is to never be in long term or its like watching your home being destroyed by a hurricane. If you wanted an example of how I do, it would be like me moving around in different hotels. Show up, leave. Show up, leave. Hurricane coming? Leave or short it. Make money on it.
Anyway, a storm is coming. Consider the QQQ for the short term:

It looks like things are topping out a bit. And this is not just because of the recent Greece scare or China scare, this is something fundamental in the market...the foundation isn't right. How do I know this? Look at the down-trending peaks of the RSI over the last several months. Its losing steam. The MACD might be in buy position, but the MACD is just a guide to see if the trend you are currently in is solid, since it is a trailing indicator. That RSI thing is not good. And neither is the recent parabolic of the market top I drew curving above the recent peaks. So this made me need verification of behind the scenes. More of a look at the foundation of the QQQ itself. The Weekly QQQ. Lets take a look at that chart.

Hmmm. Not good. Kind of like sitting out on a nice spring day and hearing a rumbling. The wind cools and you see a line of black clouds coming up fast. Notice that the above chart has the main LONG TERM indicators on a severe downtrend. Eventually the weekly candlecharts WILL turn and follow the indicators. And that means correction in the market.
When? Could be 2-3 weeks. Could be 2-3 months. I need to look at some more signals.
What this tells me to tell you is now is not the time to think, "Hey maybe I should get in Stock XYZ long." Or "Now is a good time for me to jump into this long Mutual Fund."
Storm is coming, stay sharp. Most of all, stay with me daily as I show you how to ride it out and even profit on it.

Tradinginsider

0 comments:

Post a Comment