Winning

Winning

Thursday, July 30, 2015

MKTO walking sideways...we have to sell

MKTO has been walking sideways and the erosion is eating our spread. We have to get out to preserve what money we have left in the options.
Here is our outs:
and now for our call:
I would like to think that this is a valuable learning lesson on wealth preservation. Most people would just hold these until they expired worthless, winding up with 100% losses on both.
As in this case, you have to know when to call it. I have held MKTO for several days and take a look at its chart:

Very strange. It is walking sideways, almost as if there was a buyout and that was the price it was bought out at. I dont see this too often without said company being the target of a buyout. This stock reported earnings and people liked it then it froze on the shelf. Seeing that we bought Aug calls the option spread was just eroding, and after giving it 4 trading days to do something, it was time to pull the chain on this one and save what we had left.

More later today. I have a doctors appointment across town in an hour and a half.
Lets see. GDOT looks like it is starting to move north, which is good, we will hold. I am also still holding GDP. Buncha stagnators. I like stocks that move, not hang around.
My 6th sense says stay away from the QQQ and SPY. Something is afoot, even though the chart says purchase. There seems to be some upper resistance to the climb, and I think it will manafest in news over the next several days.
I will make another entry this evening. No other trades for today.

Tradinginsider

0 comments:

Post a Comment