Winning

Winning

Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Dollar Ain't What it used to be

I was going through the McDonald's drive through the other day and ordered a number 2, or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meal: Large Fries Large Coke, and the Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
I was surprised when I pulled up to the window to pay and they wanted $7.87.
Being 46, I remember seeing sitcoms when I was younger and a 50 year old man was out with his wife to dinner and being outraged by the high prices of dinner and drinks. Now that's happening to me. I remember something like 15 years ago the same meal deal cost $3.85. Now its twice that, for the same amount of food.
So whats happening here? Why is the price of everything constantly going up? I remember when my friends were graduating from engineering school in 1990 the salary to have was $30,000. That was a great starting salary. You could get an apartment, a new car, and have money left over. Now you would have a problem living on that. I remember hearing in 1970 the salary to have was $10,000.

In 1900, the value of a dollar today in 2014 was 2 cents. Meals in restaurants were 10-15 cents, etc. And then things just kept rising as inflation kept on going. I am going to explain to you why this is happening and in the process I am going to blow your mind with the below video. You might want to settle back, get a drink because the video is about 30 minutes. If you don't have the time to watch the video now, come on back later....watching this video will really illuminate the situation that this country is in with money, the housing market, and the people really in control. And why your McDonald's meal deal is now $7.87.


Food for thojught...I just wanted to tell you what you are up against..Not only do you need to survive, you need to stay ahead of the blast wave. You have to invest. And not only passively invest or invest the same way the rest of the crowd does, such as buy mutual funds, etc., you have to be on top of your investments and try different routes that the rest of the public does not use. Thats where the money is. Such as Contrarian Trading..which is what I do and why I just made 100% this past month...you can see my record in the Sandbox, near the right bottom of the page.

Good Luck, and Happy Trading,
Mark

0 comments:

Post a Comment