Winning

Winning

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Watch list for this week 12/8 in the market

Monday we are going to be watching CCL. Carnival Cruise Lines has come back a bit from the bad news that all cruise lines were suffering from in the media last year and this quarter the analysts numbers look pretty good:

Seeing that there has been a few BIG surprises in the last 2 out of 4 quarters, people are going to hope and or expect that something will happen like that again. That puts some rocket fuel under this stock. Also, the Growth EST is pretty high in comparison to the Industry and especially the sector. This information alone tells us that there is probably a run up happening to this stocks earnings. Lets check that with this stocks chart:

There is our run up. We actually should have been in this last week, as you can see there was a lot of money to be made. However, I still see a bit of coin that can be still extracted from a continued climb. Further to the point, there was a bit of a gap up the other day and I would like a bit of a pullback to maximize the value of a option call...I want the option call to be flattened out a bit before I put money into it. Then when the stock continues to pull up, the option call will pump up again and make us more money. So if Monday or Tues the market blows off a bit of steam this stock too will drop a bit and that will be a great time to get in.
Speaking of the market, what is going to be happening this week? If you followed my last in depth post about the upcoming week QQQ here, it is my opinion that the market can still pull up for a week or so before there is a bit of a blowoff. There should be time this week to profit a bit on the upside, but I would not enter in any major decisions right now.

BAD: "I should invest my money in the market for the long term. Im going to raid some of my funds and put 30 grand into microsoft and park it and forget it"

GOOD: "After technical analysis I see that the market is due for a short term correction, so I am going to wait until it blows off steam before I park anything long term."

BAD:"Hey, Howard the Duck looks like a pretty good movie. I should rent that."

GOOD:" Hey, if I do the opposite of what the crowd does, Ill have an edge. Kind of like instead of emailing 100s of resumes out like everyone else does, contacting VITO in a company or cultivating people in my network which will place my in front of the crowd.

Putting anything in long now would be like buying a house with a sliding scale interest rate in late 2006, signing up for a IT tech school in early 1999, or going long in Enron in 2000. Just hold on to your britches. Ill tell you when to go long. Right now is the time to do some sniping.

Stay frosty my friends,
Mark

0 comments:

Post a Comment