Winning

Winning

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

We sell our last part of the coiled spring (BRKS) and stocks to watch 11/19

Late today right before close we exited out of the final trade of our coiled spring, the BRKS put on the other side of the spring. We made 89% on the call, and we lose 40% on the put, for a net gain of 49%. We got in this put at 1.00 and we exited today:
0.60 0.00(0.00%) 3:59PM EST
Prev Close:0.35
Open:0.60
Bid:0.40
Ask:0.95
Strike:12.50







I will sometimes make snap calls at various parts of the day, and if you were not watching the option yourself deciding when you get out (it was at the bottom of the price channel today) you could miss one of my calls if you don't sign up for my twitter feed to your phone where you will get instant orders right to your phone as I type them so that you don't miss anything.

Some other stocks we are going to be watching:

1) ANN: This stock is coiling up into a very tight coiled spring. The tighter the spring the more potential energy pop it is going to have one way or another. The stock is due to announce later this week and the last 4 quarters had upward surprises. The stock itself is estimated to have a negative growth est to the tune of -20%. The stock could miss, and it will get punished, or it could pop and fly. What I have to decide is the force of the spring. Will this warrant a preferable +100% pop in one direction? If it does spring one way, will it then quickly defuse and swing back the other way to profit the other side of my spring? I am going to have to look at this stock more closely tomorrow and keep an eye on its price action. If I like what I am seeing in the morning, that is, no real move to the upside or downside in the morning trading, or a climb or drop but return to parity in price, it will be a contender to place a straddle.

2) DXLG: Whats going on here? I just found an even more volatile coiled spring. This one has more 'umph' behind it because its last 4 quarters were way big misses. The only bummer thing here is its price chart is moving around in only 10ths of a dollar, which means it isn't moving around that much, and I am afraid if I straddle it around the 5s for December there wont be a big enough of a movement. We will keep our eyes peeled on this one, none the less.

3)ENTA: The coiled springfest continues. This one has even more potential as there is tremendous volitility and price movement and is currently coiled into a spring. I checked the option chain and unfortunatly the bid and ask are totally spread wide so I would have to come back to this one and see if anything has consolidated for this, perhaps by thursday, seeing that this stock wont report until next week.

I also will be watching the most up list for the day tomorrow in the late morning to find if there are any inefficiencies happening.
So come back tomorrow around 11am Chicago central time for any updates on the stocks I am watching above or stocks that I will bounce on the gainers lists.

Stay Frosty,
Mark

0 comments:

Post a Comment