Winning

Winning

Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Coiled Spring has Sprung with APL- 150%+ gain

Remember the coil spring set up from the end of last week where we tried our first straddle? Very big success. The stock dropped a few points in price and our put went way up: As you can see in my post where I made this call, when i made the call the option price was at 1.00, and now the price is well, see below.

APL Nov 2014 35.000 put (APL141122P00035000)

 -OPR  
2.70 Up 1.30(92.86%) 12:09PM EST
Prev Close:1.40
Open:2.70
Bid:1.10
Ask:2.65
Strike:35.00
Expire Date:22-Nov-14









Not too shabby. Where is says plus 92.86% above? Thats just the change from yesterday. Since we got in last week at 1 dollar, The percent change for us would read 170% gain (from last week). Since this was a straddle we eliminate the call option, and we are down to what, 150%? This totally gets me out of the doghouse for the MMM call I made. And there is still a chance when the market starts to correct here that I can get some of that money back as well.
Speaking of which, lets take a look at the QQQ. Where is that drop anyway?

The above chart is kind of like a car that just is about to drive off a high cliff. Looking at the chart above, you can see that the RSI is moving along the top and starting to slightly drop, and the MACD is about to cross. The price candle action of the QQQ is chopping around and you can see two graveyard crosses that is technical indicators of a top. Only good news can stop this, but if everything remains everything, I'm expecting the market to let off some steam over the next several days. I really dont think we are going to dig out of MMM, but I have been watching yellow and that doesn't look like that has any more upward steam either.
I've been thinking: I've been playing fast and loose with stocks such as Yellow and MMM. I don't think I am going to be playing with stocks that have just announced. Yellows techs and fundamentals seemed right for a bounce, but then came Deutchbank with an upgrade messing my gig up. Upgrades or downgrades void any technical analysis  So what do I expect? I expect to get out of Yellow with a slight gain but I dont expect to get out of MMM with a gain, now its just about how much can we cut our losses. Later today, more picks for the upcoming drop of the market, say in about 2-3 hours check on back. It would be advantagous to get in on my picks before the market crashes and takes our puts along for the ride.

Stay Frosty
Mark


0 comments:

Post a Comment