Winning

Winning

Friday, October 17, 2014

Lake and ESI- win and lose

The coiled spring broke and we exit our short with Lake where we have a nice W: (1:09pm Central Time update...if you came to this page later today, congrats, Lake kept dropping big, down almost 20%. However, I keep it real here and below is when I officially exited:

Lakeland Industries Inc. (LAKE)

 -NasdaqGM  
18.42 Down 2.27(10.97%) 12:32PM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price
Prev Close:20.69
Open:21.30
Bid:18.64 x 500
Ask:18.70 x 400
1y Target Est:7.35
Beta:-0.16
Next Earnings Date:N/A
Day's Range:18.36 - 22.38
52wk Range:4.75 - 29.55
Volume:3,172,123
Avg Vol (3m):2,360,820
Market Cap:98.74M
P/E (ttm):N/A
EPS (ttm):-0.65
Div & Yield:N/A (N/












And with the ESI I diverted from what I usually do when I pick stocks and I got spanked hard:

7.00ESI141018P000070000.05Down 1.64N/A0.05157589

Playing with options expiration is very risky when you are a day out. This is why I have 10-20 piles of money that I use, and I did inform yesterday that this is a gambling pick with a 50 50 shot of working. Read why its up sharply here
How did I do this one differently? I used price mechanics alone in my decision. Also:

1) I was unclear of why there was a sudden jump in price yesterday. They released some prelim's yesterday but that didn't warrant the price jump. That shows that there was a group of insiders who were in the know what was going to be announced today and they acted on it.

2) There was no normal run up with a stock that was going to announce that was for several days previous. Thats how I usually do it...by looking at the earnings calendar and finding a stock that has bad analysts expectations and then observe the stock climbing (crowd wrong) then purchasing a put or shorting it. Instead, the stock was falling and falling and then suddenly as in the above point, the day before there was a sudden jump. That shows insider trading. I should have stayed away from that.

As an aside, I think that there could be huge profits from piggy banking on insider trading if I can flesh out a system for that down the line. But we won't deal with that now. And I will not make a trade like this again. Unlike some people I know, I learn from my mistakes like an AI Neural Network.

More to come. Remember, 10-20 piles of money to absorb hits.

This weekend I am going to get all my picks together and see where I am at percentage wise, and then we are going to discuss my strategy. I will adjust as nessessary and then the machine will keep rolling on. Check back this weekend as I will also have an additional article on trading in my 10 part series.

Stay Loose and with seperate piles of money,

Mark


0 comments:

Post a Comment