Winning

Winning

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sold CBK today for 30% profit

Hello everyone.

I just did the 3 week pre earnings announcement climb with CBK and it popped today, so I have issued a sell order. I could have held on longer, but I figured 30% in my pocket was 30% in my pocket, so I took the money.
Next up today is FRAN. I took a look at the stock and the numbers do not look too good on the analysis's expectations page:
As you can see the last 3 out of 4 quarters there has been a slight negative suprise. And as for the expected growth estimate for this quarter next to the industry, sector and s+p FRAN is expected to come up limp, slightly in the red. Then, I checked the headlines, and other indicators for FRAN, and as you can see below, FRAN has been irratiotnally been climbing up to its earnings date which means barring any insider suprises, the general public is wrong and piling on the upward momentum as a momentum play.
I believe that the day before the earnings announcement the stock will drop to its correct valuation sans the run up as the public comes to its senses and reevaluates the correct price for the stock. So I am planning on selling this next Monday or Tuesday.
Happy Trading

0 comments:

Post a Comment