Winning

Winning

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Market and QQQ situation

Here is my forecast of the market for the upcoming week. There were a bit of forward looking economic reports and news that came out on Wed which allowed a rally in the QQQ. However, I am seeing a very discernible weakness in the QQQ:

What I feel is going to happen is a 'ghost' rally and then things are going to continue sliding down. In looking at the above chart you can see that the strata of good news on Wednesday such as the minutes of the Federal Reserve meeting today where they outlined that low inflation would not prevent the central bank from raising rates and Automatic Data Processing Inc's private sector employment hiring data. This good news is going to add a rosy glow to the market for a day or two maybe three, but then the underlying foundation of the problem is going to start to shift things off kilter.

Look at the MACD Indicator
Looking at the indicator above is showing that a problem is coming fairly quick as the stock and the RSI is doing something else. When the stock is moving one way and the indicators are moving the other way, 9 out of 10 times the stock will turn and follow the indicators, a true barometer of the market forces and sentiment.
Most technicians would look at see a w bottom and its north from there...not in this instance. If you look at the weekly chart:

You can see above that the engine is losing steam and I'm afraid that a crash is coming and I hope to hell that it doesn't involve the dollar. Could be a big crash, or a small crash, that remains to be seen.

Here is what I think is going to happen
I think that the market is going to climb a bit in the channel that its currently in for a day two, three, then its going to turn. If it breaks below the resistance level I marked in the first daily chart above watch out.  So what I'm going to do is issue some QQQ options and puts orders tomorrow. I am waiting for tomorrow because I want confirmation of the current channel that I think the QQQ is playing. So tomorrow around 11am Chicago time I'm going to take a look at things and decide the proper option straddle as I will look at fundamental and technical indicators including the morning pricing action.
As of late I have been looking for mid day bounces but I have not seen any good opportunities. Also, I use the earnings chart but earnings is very thin this time of year. It should pick up in about three weeks.
I was in the shower today and it dawned on me that a lot of the traffic on this site is concerned about the QQQ and its future direction. The QQQ seems very basic to me, kind of like I am Nostradamus. But a cheating Nostradamus: Its made evident to me by charts and tools anyone can access. I look at the charts and the charts tell me in plain English what is going to happen and when. I just report it.
So standing there in the shower I realized I could build quite a large following by just issuing puts and calls on the QQQ: The cubes are very liquid with very dense strike prices, it would be very lucrative. So at the end of my shower I decided that I am going to make the QQQ a main component in my advisory service as well as my 3 day drop and 2 week climb strategies from the earnings lists. Bouncing stocks on midday news is quite a bit riskier. If I stick to the cubes and the 2 week climb/3 day drop recons, I can keep my winning percentage at about 90%. And Im sure operating like that making 30%+ a month for people, Ill have lines around the block.
Well that is that for this evening, remember to check in tomorrow morning at about 11am Chicago time for an options update on the cubes. Again, in the morning Ill be online to see what is shaking out about the market and we will jump in then.

Tradinginsider

0 comments:

Post a Comment